About Streetlight Community ChurchInviting EVERYONE Into a Lifelong Relationship with Jesus Our MissionOur Staff & Job Openings
Like a streetlight, we are…
- A metaphorical “light” on a city street.
- A signal that it’s time to come to safety and in from the darkness.
- Illuminating a path to provide direction and safety.
- Standing tall, lighting the pathway home.
Streetlight Community Church was founded in April, 2016 by a community of Jesus followers who sought to build the Kingdom of God in the Kenmore neighborhood of Akron. We were originally named “The Chapel Kenmore” as a plant of the Chapel in Akron, and changed our name to “Streetlight Community Church” in March of 2023. Our foundational goal as a church is to invite all people into a lifelong relationship with Jesus Christ, see people renewed in their God-given purpose to follow Jesus and renewing their neighbors and our neighborhood, and reproducing disciple-making, missionary followers of Jesus in the contexts where we live, work and play.
Why We Exist
Streetlight Community Church exists to invite everyone into a lifelong relationship with Jesus. We do this through:
- The Multiplication of Intimate Discipleship Groups where people can study scripture together, pray together, and are open, honest, and humble with one another, growing to become all that Christ has created them to be.
- The Building and Maintaining of Missional Relationships with organizations, nonprofits, businesses and individuals who are like-minded in faith and seek to build the Kingdom of God and proclaim the gospel of Jesus Christ through many creative avenues in the city.
- Sunday Gatherings where we proclaim the Word of God and the gospel to both disciples of Jesus and those outside of the Church, worshiping God, praying together, and celebrating the communion table. And,
- Events where we create community spaces for both Jesus followers and non Jesus followers to build relationships.
Who We Are
- We are a community on mission in the city of Akron, OH.
- We are a church where you can belong before you believe, for as long as you need to.
- We welcome and support all people from all walks of life, in the hope of them encountering the risen Christ.
- We prioritize discipleship–growing closer to Jesus and to each other.
- We are radically generous with our time, love, and resources.
“You are the light of the world. A city situated on a hill cannot be hidden. No one lights a lamp and puts it under a basket, but rather on a lampstand, and it gives light for all who are in the house. In the same way, let your light shine before others, so that they may see your good works and give glory to your father in heaven.”
“The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it.”
“Your Word is a lamp for my feet and a light on my path.”
“If we walk in the light as he himself is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus his Son cleanses us from all sin.”
Kids Ministry Coordinator
Send resume and other relevant information to firstname.lastname@example.org
Pastor of Vision, Outreach & Creativity